This recipe is from my Mum's high school home economics class back in the Sixties....Groovy Cookies, anyone? And no, this recipe does not contain any "medicinal" ingredients, please and thank you, just the good ol' basics. Made a great cookie back in 1965, makes a great cookie now. Yes, that is a photocopy of the original hand-written recipe!
Groovy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup all purpose or whole-wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups oats
3/4 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup raisins and/or chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and oats.
3. Cream butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla
4. Add the oats and flour mixture. Mix well.
5. Stir in raisins, nuts, and chocolate chips.
6. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
7. Flatten slightly with floured fork.
8. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 mins or 'till golden.
9. Eat one soon as its out of the oven, making sure to burn your mouth : )
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.