Thursday 7 February 2013

Sweetheart Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

It's a blustery stormy winter's evening and there is nothing good on t.v. What to do? Make cupcakes!
What's that you say? You don't want to end up eating a half dozen by the end of How I met your Mother?
Well, pshosh. Don't worry my friend, because I have just the cure for what ails you.
It's genius, really.  A recipe for just two cupcakes?  One for right now, and one for a half hour from now? Or, if you are feeling really sweet, then one for you, and one for your sweetheart.


I came across this recipe at One Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes for two, and it has been on my (long) list of things to try for quite some time now.

I was kinda craving chocolate tonight, though, so I added cocoa and chocolate chunks....oh, yeah.


Sweetheart Chocolate Chip Cupcakes 
adapted from How Sweet It Is

1 egg white
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup sifted all purpose flour
1/4 heaping tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cocoa
pinch of salt
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp chocolate chips

Combine egg white and sugar in a small bowl.
Add in vanilla and melted butter.
Add flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa.
Add milk, stir well.

Pour into two cupcake liners and bake for 12-15 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment